Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Waaaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!

Aaaaaaiiiiigggghhhh!! Me broke me foot... wah, whine, sniffle...

And who says kids have all the fun?

Did it happen when I was scrambling off the roof (had to fix the drainage from the evap AC) via a tree? No! Did it happen going up and down the ladder while putting in the new irrigation PVC pipes? NO!

Did it happen when old dave jumped up the retaining wall (only 1 metre high) that old dave jumps up all the time? Yup... Waaaahhhh! I'm getting old... whine, sniffle...

It's a hairline fracture of the second and third metatarsels (sp????) in me right foot (as opposed to the wrong foot). Well, at least I think that's what those bones are called. How do I know they are both fractured? Ahhhhh.... I've done this injury before (does that surprise you?) and I really know the difference betwixt a bruise of them and a hairline split of them.

A cast does nothing for this type of split (so I've been told). So it's heel walking for a month, ice regularly, immobilisation, elevation, anti-inflammatories, and walking with a crutch --fortunately I've me lion's head walking stick a bunch of my fencing students gave me yonks ago (it's a good story!)

I really wish this happened from climbing around and scrabbling on the roof while cleaning gutters or maintaining the A/C or something like perhaps falling from a tree while chopping some over hanging branches cus of an impending wildfire (it came to within 10K of us last night)... But no, it was one of those "duh, I'm dumb!!!" type breaks...

Ah, wait, the codeine is kicking in... mmmmmmm... ahhhhhh... sigh.... bliss....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.........

Hmmmm?

What's that????

Oh, yeah... a recipe...

Ok, take the previous herbed spud recipe and substitute large chunks (one inch cubed) of butternut pumpkin in place of the spuds. Also, use melted butter (NOT MARGARINE CRAP) in place of the olive oil. Oh, yeah, use some fresh chopped rosemary too. And, uh, go easy on the sea salt... Oh, wait! Don't pepper them either!

Yeah, that'll do it...

trust me... grin...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ouch!!!

Hope it heals quickly. (I have something funny to say but I can't get it worded right...too early for me)

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

You? Funny? Can't think? OMG the world is coming to an end!

Ok, that didn't sound right, but whatever, eh?