Sunday, January 27, 2008

Tour Down Under!!! Wee-Hoo!

Some of you may be surprised to find out that I'm a cyclist and enjoy following the bigtime races. Why would this surprise you? Well, I don't really blog about it much (if at all). Why not? Well, there's plenty of cycling blogs out there and I've always been one for doing my own thing. Speaking of cycling blogs, two of my favs are Fatty and Jill, and they both happen to be nominated for Best Sports Blog this year. So how's about you go check them out and vote for whichever you'd like.

Who am I voting for???? Dunno yet! I got into blogging via Fatty (long story, he doesn't know it though), but Jill does winter cycling in Alaska, like I used to. Hmmmmm, better go flip a coin, eh?

The only thing I'll say today about my cycling is this: After a ride in the morning it sure is nice to come home and jump in your warm pool! Not that I'd ever do anything like that, but I imagine it would be nice and if I did do it then I certainly wouldn't mention it cus it would seem like I was rubbing in the fact that I have a pool and live in a year round summer. Ahem...

Food: shall I just say that I'm back to updating my wee little food blog and you should just go there to see all the new goodies?

Race pics!!!!

These today are from the Tour Down Under Classic in Glenelg from Sunday the 20th. I got a lot of behind the scenes shots and some very good race shots. I was camped at the final corner of the circuit (2 km circuit and 25 laps) at 150 metres from the line. I was also up on a ledge so I had a very good view over the 15 rows of folks crowding the barriers. The blokes would hit the corner at 50-55 kmh and exit around 40-45 kmh. FAST!

Here's a sample:




and here's one from the back of the team presentation area; this is a Caisse rider on his way to the presentations. They have REALLY cool looking bikes this year...





More race pics and behind the scenes coming soon, maybe even to this blog!

No comments: