Thursday, April 02, 2009

First Intermission

I'm in a bit of a hurry today. I spent an hour or so disinfecting 60 beer bottles cus it's bottling day. I then just *had* to jump in the pool as the pool walls needed scrubbing --hey, it really is work! Especially when it's only been in the low 90's for the last few days... that water gets bloody cold!

I also made a loaf of bread at 5 am this morning.

I also solved a lot of 'puter problems.

As soon as this is posted I'll be bottling the beer.

And then cleaning the kitchen.

And then pruning the front garden.

And then working on the 'puter.

And then cleaning the carport.

And then starting on dinner.

Obviously, you can see that I won't have time to get the next chapter of the Naracoorte trip up for you. Heck, I doubt I'll even have time for my 2 hour afternoon nap :(

Luckily for y'all, I take lot's of pics when the morning lorikeets and cockatoos are shoveling their beaks in the food I put out for them. I generally take one or two hundred pictures and then sift through them later on to find the good ones.

This morning though, I stopped after the third picture. I then set the camera down and enjoyed my coffee while watching the birds as I was lounging in the pool. I figured that after this shot I wasn't going to get anything better this morning.

Just click on it to bring it up to 1000 pixel wide gloriousness. I did NO colour enhancements on it. The only thing I did was resize it from 3000 pix wide to 1000 pix wide.

Enjoy.




For those of you who have a widescreen monitor, here it is at 1000 pix wide:
MY branch



And yes, I know the focus is off slightly, but I still think it's a nice shot.

4 comments:

Frances said...

First Intermission. Oh Goody!

What the ...!

Ok Dave, I'm trying to think of the 'strine expresssion for a bloke who doesn't provide POPCORN at his intermission. ;-(

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

Frances: I do believe the 'strine expression would be something as follows... "Ya bloody great big WANKA!" That would, of course, refer to me (the WANKA), as opposed to anyone (like yourself) who queried the 'spression.

LoveANewIdea said...

Wow...you are one busy guy!!

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

Liz: I get really cranky when I don't have time for the long naps :)