Friday, September 25, 2009

Something Mischievous This Way Comes

And you can tell that by the wicked gleam in it's eye! You know how people are talking about seeing an "evil gleam" or perhaps a "wicked glint" or even the pansy "twinkle" in someone's or SOME thing's eye?

Yes, of course you know what I'm talking about. And I can now safely say that I have actual, verifiable, photographic proof of this phenomenon. No, I do knot have photoshop. I do, however, have several other cool programs for doing things like that but I SWEAR TO YOU that I did not retouch or do anything to this photo.

Well, ok. I lied. I did crop it and I did resize it. That was it! No colour corrections, no gamma, no contrast.

****************************************
Off-Topic: There will be a continuation
of the previous conversation with WP.
****************************************

Now I'm sure that someone in his fortified bunker in Kodiak is sure that I'm referring to the evil, wicked rainbow lorikeets that are working their way northward with intent to do him harm, but I'm not.

No, this mischievous grin and evil, twinkling eye-gleaming glint is brought to you by The Cat.

You may be more familiar with his full title: Lord And Master Of All He Surveys, Defender Of The Rift, Protector Of The Realm, Diefied Hope For All Catkind, His Royal Highness, Prince Bagheera.

It is now up to you, gentle readers, to figure out which myths, movies, and legends his titles refer to. Good Luck!

He has just hatched a wicked plot for feline dominion...
smiling cat
I'll have you know I sliced my ear in ritual sacrifice to Bast and Sekhmet.



I also, too, have a great pic of a lorikeets eye. I've only seen this type of pic on domesticated lorries, never on wild ones. I was very pleased to get this shot of the narrow rim of white betwixt the iris and the pupil of the eye. It only shows up in bright sun (or a flash if you have a lorrie in a cage) and you have to be pretty darned close.

Feast your eyes on this:
lorikeet eye


And here's the same bird with his/hers head turned so the eye is in the shade. You can just barely see a hint of the white outside the pupil.
lorikeet eye 02



It doth appear to me that a certain ex-governor of Alaska who aborted her term as guv has lost that wicked gleam in her eye. She looks very confused too, also.
confused sarah palin
Tawd! Go'an an fetch me muh shotgun! I's gots tuh hunt me sum media-tahpe folks.



Let's grind some gears!!!!

I have a pressie for you. It's wallpaper. And it's free. I have sized it to be 1.6 to 1 so it's perfect for a widescreen monitor. Well, I lied again... it's actually 1.5993399339933993399339933993399 (this continues, tedious, ain't it?) to 1. The dimensions are 2423 by 1515 so it should resize for pretty much any widescreen monitor. If you have a 4 to 3 (that's 1.3333333333333333 to 1) monitor and would like this for your wallpaper, just let me know (comments work well) and I'll make one for that size from the original, no worries.

And what is this great and awesome picture, you might ask? Here's a little pic of it. Just click on it to embiggin it and from there you can save it and set as your wallpaper.





The only thing I ask if you use it is to post a comment saying so. That's all! I'd kinda like to break the 20 comment mark (19 was me highest) so just let me know if you download it, no worries. Feel free to share it with your mates, just tell em wear (where) it came from, ta.

Shit! Picasa (or whatever blogger calls their photo hosting stuff) resized it to 1600 by 1000. If anyone really wants the 2423 by 1515 then lemme know and I'll email it direct, no worrie.

A
n
d

n
o
w
.
.
.

w
h
a
t

y
o
u

h
a
v
e

a
l
l

b
e
e
n

w
a
i
t
i
n
g

f
o
r
.
.
.
.

Just how the heck does dave plan to pay for the Fiji trip? Otherwise known as another conversation with Wifey-Poo.

We join our intrepid heroes in the middle of an arguement...

WP (Wifey-Poo, The Most Wonderful Woman In The Entire World): It'll never work! No one can be that gullible! *what did I ever do to deserve this?*

YT (Yours Truly. Don't swoon, I'm human!): Sure it'll work! I'll soon have everyone sending me --I mean us-- boatloads of cash!

WP: Not.

YT: To.

WP: Not!

YT: To!

editorial note; this went on for a while; for the sake (Mmmmmm, rice wine...) of brevity, I will fast-forward till YT and WP are done "not to-ing" each other. You're welcome.

WP: Well how do you know they are so gullible and dimwitted?

YT: Just look at these pics!

WP: Wow! They actually seem proud of their-there-they're stupidity and gullibilitynessitude.

YT: It'll be easier than taking candy from a baby!

WP: There's a problem though.

YT: ?????????

WP: Do any of them read your blog?

YT: Ummmmmmmmmm... hmmmmmmmmm...

WP: Didn't you tell me you have smart, kind, literate and educated readers?

YT: Damn! Forgot about that.

WP: *arms and crossed and foot taps on the floor*

YT: Aha! Maybe they aren't so smart after all!

WP: And you know this how?

YT: Not a single one of them got the reference to the Harrison Ford & Anne Heche movie Seven Days And Six Nights.

WP: Weeeelllllll, that's true.

YT: And no one got the "eureka" and the bathtub reference to Archimedes.

WP: Yeah... You know, this just might work!

YT: Now I just need to phrase it right to appeal to them...

To Be Continued!

5 comments:

TwoYaks said...

Heck, I'll leave a comment. Yes, I'm that easily bent to your random comment related whims!

Anonymous said...

Thank You for the wallpaper picture! Very nice

Anonymous said...

Wot?, you thinks us intelligent? Thanks for stroking our fragile egos.

Fizzgig said...

I wondered where people who live at vacation destinations vacation....

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

TwoYaks: Yeeeeeessssss, you are coming under my control... Bwuahahah! And thanks mate!

Anon: Ta, no worries. Don't be a stranger and let me know if there's other pics you'd like for wallpaper.

ScientificBloke: Sorry mate, I'm not buying that from you! Heck, you understood all the calculus puns I sent you last year.

Fizzgiggle: Would you believe I was thinking of an antarctic cruise or perhaps retracing Amundsen's route via dog team but that WP vetoed that idea?