Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Whereupon Everything Is Explained

Sort of. Kinda. Maybe.

Now (as I'm sure you are all aware) I have a "different" sense of humour. So does Wifey-Poo. Is it any surprise that even though untold millions of light-years were separating us (we took the long way, it's much cheaper) we still somehow managed to meet? And no, it wasn't via Ted Stevens' series of tubes neither.

Ok, so we both find the same types of happenings funny. Good thing, eh?

*****************************************

OT: for those of you too lazy to read through the comments from last post, I will be putting the captions up for the pics that I consider funny. The best one happens to be from some "lady" in Slow-daht-nuh. Unless, of course, WP is reading this and then every single one of WP's is by far the funniest.

********************************************


Back --or front-- to the explaining.

After being down here in Oz for a certain untold number of decades, I have noticed something. Aussies have a cool sense of humour. No not all of them. Some of them. Ok, well maybe a few. But the important thing is a lot of the Aussies with a sense of humour seem to have jobs in the TV advertising industry.

If you don't believe just go to youtube and search on "Australian beer commercial". And yes, many of these are still being telecast. Especially during the cricket, the rugby, or the footy.

Which brings me to this next point, gadget, remark, or whatever.

We were watching the rugby match betwixt South Africa and Oz the other night. After the match (but before the interviews) there was a quick 5 second throwaway type thingy that someone at Channel 7 thought would be good.

S/he was right.

This is just so cool.

I HAD to rip it and post it here for your veiwing pleasure.

I'm sure Channel 7 won't mind. Much.






The first few times I watched it I didn't even notice the dinosaurs cuz I was too busy watching the fanged, fire-breathing kangaroo.

As Visa would say: Priceless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A truly wondrous commercial. Firebreathing roos and dinos in the same pitch. Great stuff.

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

What's so cool about it is that it's not a commercial for anything, not even Channel 7! No log of "7" in the upper right, no mention of anything, only 5 seconds long... And then, that's it!

I love firebreathing were-roos!