Friday, August 28, 2009

A Day That Will Live In Infamy!

Infamy!

Infamy!

They've all got it in fo' me!




I'm sure that all my faithful (and unfaithful) readers will know exactly what movie that is from, which actor uttered it, and who was he playing in the movie.

Oh, wait a sec. I've just realis(z)ed that absolutely no one even TRIED to answer a question from the previous post! Here, let me refresh your mammaries. Oops, memories.

**********************************************************************
BTW have you noticed how some people can get completely lost and offtopic on a blog post? Well, you don't have to worry about that happening to me cus I always know exactly where I am! Yes, you can put me blindfolded (kinky!) on any point of this Earth and I can tell you right where I am. It's the same place as I always am.

Directly above the center of the Earth!

Ha!

Oh, can anyone tell me where I got that phrase phrom? I've been using it for 30 years now. And if you do know, can you tell me which issue, where they were, what were they doing, and which one uttered that line? If you can then you had just as much fun as I did in the 60's and 70's!

Back to the story now...
**********************************************************


I thought for SURE someone would have known that Freewheelin' Franklin uttered the line, while the Freaks were driving in the van, in Mexico, in Issue #4 of The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers.

Yes, I was SUUUUURE someone would have know that. Sigh...


Back to the post! Did any of you know this is my birthday? Or did y'all miss seeing that big ole counter on the blog announcing the countdown? Dang, some people are just so unobservant these days...

Anyways, it's my 404,000 birthday --not that I'm counting, mind you. And I'm terribly disappointed no one asked what I wanted. Now, I must admit, I've accumulated a LOT OF CRAP over the recent few millenia (gotta help drive this ole consumer driven society, dontcha know) but there is something I'm missing.

What could it be?

Hmmmmmmm,

Wonderful wife? Nope, got 'er.
Pool? Nope, got it.
Fanged terror? Unfortunately, got 'im.
50 century retirement? Yep, check that one off.

What

could

it

be?


Ah, yes! I'm missing quite a few Red Green shows! See, I've only got the 1997 and 1998 season along with Stuffed and Mounted #1. I have NONE of the early shows before it was the New Red Green show. And none of the later seasons NOR the movie Duct Tape Forever!

Yes, sad isn't it?

And also the fact that Harold's pretty cute and loveable and I just can't get enough of him ---Hey! Wifey-Poo! Get away from the keybooard damnit!

Ahem.

Anyways, if'n any of y'alls feel the need to send any Christmas presents my way, then you now know what to get me! Mmmmmmm, duct tape...

We now take you to the random photo part of today's blog with silly captions and leadins from Yours Truly (that'd be me, dave).

Did you know I have a cat? Did you know he REALLY likes the sun? Here's proof:
the cat asleep again
Did you also know it's 76 F in the shade and 109 F in the sun? Needless to say, the cat is cooking himself.



Guess what? I can cook!

Here's a closeup shot of dinner from a couple of nights ago. Everyone loved it!
dinner
and no one got sick...



Hey! Quit buggin' me!
bugga
Bugga off, mate!

The cat is also very literate!
literate cat
I can read the writing on the wall.


Warning! Warning! Danger Will Robinson! This blog will now feature an x-rated naked picture! Danger ahead!

Why look, here's a naked picture of me getting my grove on with my big "stick".

a
r
e

y
o
u

r
e
a
d
y
?


H
a
s

y
o
u
r

b
o
s
s

l
e
f
t

y
o
u
r

c
u
b
i
c
l
e
?

See? I'm not kidding!
kinky koala
Oh baby, was it good for you too?


Shifting and grinding gears...

Just what happens to a nice, mild-mannered bloke (who looks fairly angelic while still being all studly-like) after he's spent 20 decades in Oz? How's abouts some befour and aftour pics?


BEFOUR:
me



And AFTOUR:
just me




And to all those of whom I share this momentous calender date with: Happy Birthday everyone!!!!
still me

11 comments:

Alaska-womom said...

Shocking!
LMAO--! Where do you think this stuff up--whatcha smoking down under Dave?

Anonymous said...

The Red Green Show...interesting...sorry dave, but to me, Canadian humor is far more eclectic than British humor (which I love by the way).

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

He smokes kangaroos, koala bears, cats, spiders and the like. You know, in his smoker...
I know cause I asked that a week or so ago.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADDU !!! Hope it was great - the dvd was GREAT!!!! I put a big long comment on my blog about a new tradition and what could we send you each year to get a recording of the Sidney to Hobart start (what about the finish - isn't that kind of important too?? oh yeah, boring...) and maybe See's Candy would work, but apparently not, I need to send Red Green Shows. Um, ok, but what are Red Green Shows? Is this an Alaskan thing or would bear jerky or salmon jerky work?

DaDuck said...

lol you gotta send me whatever it is you are smoking.

Happy Belated Birthday!

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

Alaska-womom-tricky-sheila: I usually just pull it out of my *ss where my head is normally at --at least that's what I've been told.

Sciencebloke: We have access to all the BBC comedy shows down here (go figure, eh), Red Dwarf, Black Adder, Minder, The Two Ronnies, Steptoe and Son, Queenies Castle, Love Thy Neighbor, Bless This House, Never The Twain, Fawlty Towers, Minding The Fort, Nearest & Dearest, The Dustbin Men, etc etc etc. HOWEVER: I can't get The Red Green Show down here so I have to mail order the dvd's from Canada.

SV Meerkat: Harumph, I don't smoke cats... Well, unless they are 49 feet long LOL.
They do 5 minute updates of other parts of the race throughout each day --and you can follow it on the web, but the start is generally the best part. The boats do finish kinda one at a time so it's not really all that exciting.
You mean you've never heard of Red Green??? You two have led sheltered lives.
Please don't send food as AQIS (Australia's Quarantining Idiotic System) will stop it DEAD! But I'll take the socks!
Expect another dvd sometime, no worries.

Duckster: DUDETTE! Good to hear from you, and thanks! I wasn't checking your blog for a bit cus I thought you were taking a blogging break (we all need one once in a while) but I see you've got a new design. Ok, gotta catch up on your Swedish adventures.
As far as what I'm smoking... would you believe dandelion leaves?

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

Funny on the smoking cats!
You can't have the socks... unless I enlist Jomamma to knit you a pair. We will think of something good from here. Ummmmmm... gotta think.... what size shirt do you wear? Do you wear shirts or are you always in the pool?
1575 Spinnaker Dr 105B22
Ventura, CA 93001
USA

Thanks!!!!

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

SV Meerkat: How appropriate that you are now moored on Spinnaker Dr, very cool. I live in t-shirts (L) and some of my favs are threadbare and I can't get them down here *sniffle*. They are from a Disney shop (yeah, yeah, I know) but they are cool ones! One is the Goofy shirt. It's a pic of goofy with the word goofy underneath --I've been told it's very, ahhhh, fitting in every sense of the word. The other is one of the Wiley E. Coyote GeniusWear t-shirts. It's the one with the light-bulb lighting up over his head. It sure would be cool to get them replaced... *hint*.

Is that address your slip # at the moorage?

la isla d'lisa said...

Happy belated, Dave! Sorry so late, been busy-busy-busy these last couple weeks. Hope you and WP had an absolute BLAST!

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

Been busy, busy!!!
So here is my comment back to you on my blog:

ADDU: So, I guess I will just have to go shopping at the Disney Store, now won't I... :)

Nah, that's just our mailbox. We are in Channel Islands Harbor right now and our mailbox is in Ventura. In a couple of weeks our slip will be on Anchors Way Drive at the boatyard docks - yeehaw.

sauerkraut said...

Dave is in need of a haircut!

word veri: clantypo

no, really.

Anonymous said...

[b][url=http://www.saleuggbootsstore.co.uk/]ugg uk[/url][/b] Study because of each of the designer options. You shouldn't end with ultimate year's custom made knock offs. Flip via various family vacation or trend publications to maintain away from starting to be disgraced with previous vogue and trends. If you don't have great epidermis black hair could demonstrate this up. Also black hair can go dull very effortlessly and requirements excellent repair. A great conditioner like Aussie Conditioner is essential.

[b][url=http://www.discountlouisvuittonoutlet.co.uk/]discount louis vuitton[/url][/b] now no min purchase amount minimal, you should purchase 300 USD sample at wholesale selling price to check good quality and our performs. Now we have been on this location for around 4 a long time, so have more consumer practical experience. We gains terrific credibility from our clients and enjoy terrific level of popularity in the united states, Europe, Asia, and Australia Bare minimum order is barely : five parts of mixed designs.
Before you are likely to k bru capital t cl debbie Ar th n to Deborah sp an enterprise noth R of ind as opposed to tel in the c ceinture louis vuitton th time. Thi distinctive phon testosterone stages mirielle b it Lso are your favorit T these h on offering you m encouraged. Bottega Veneta copy artist clutches are acknowledged for nearly any top quality high-quality artistry that adopts them and really sophisticated forms.

[b][url=http://www.shoesonlinesales.co.uk/]www.shoesonlinesales.co.uk[/url][/b] Louis Vuitton gear on top of that regarded as great for gifting to individuals who'll be all-around another individual. It undoubtedly be explained as being a practically all fantastic compensate that might final a everyday living insurance protection moment. Gucci Horsebit Glenohumeral joint Tote 02 The Louis Vuitton reproduction totes handbags are as a result all to simple to receive and could conclusion up remaining normally accessible during the approximately all truthful style although applying buyer.
Presently the LV Monogram Multicolore are an important part of our wardrobe and manner improvements very fast, so we'd like transform our wardrobes quickly. You can endure our online retail outlet to go after the well known trend on the designer replica bags. This website normally upgrades inventory quickly to provide us the newest Louis vuitton purses, as well as promise the large high quality..

[b][url=http://www.salelouisvuittonbagsus.com/]louis vuitton bags[/url][/b] Investing finances a fantastic offer of level, when innocent likely purchasers are bought utilizing pretend vogue bags. So you enable you establish, no matter whether or not the outlet is unquestionably marketing falsify Hermes totes, this article will provide you with a hand. You will discover individual Hermes backpacks which have been classed as to the market place almost about truly small cost tags.